Will Farrell's new NASCAR comedy is a product-placement extravaganza, but that tactic's not likely to work in general.
With Darren Herman (in-game ads), Barry Morris (streaming media), Sammy Haroon (P&G's Tremor) and Mark Ramsey (audio), let's discuss:
- How do you get and keep attention? What are the traits of a great new form of advertising?
- How are attention and trust related?
- Who are the leaders here? Where are they headed?
- What are the implications for media and our workplace?
Some articles of note:
- Ad Age yesterday: McKinsey Study Predicts Continuing Decline in TV Selling Power
- WSJ today: On MySpace, Millions of Users Make "Friends" with Ads
We tweet as @yitan (and use #yitan as our hashtag). Please follow us on Twitter. This page is on the web here.
Non-live conversation about New Ways to Advertise (distinct from the live IRC chat during the call, archived above):